Sunday, April 1, 2012

reading log last entry


Avatar: the last Air Bender
by : Michael Dimartino

Part 1

Reflection
Aang was the last air bender left. He possessed the power to control all elements: air, fire, water, earth. He had two friends; one of them was a water bender. They helped each other. They helped other people using what they can do. Everyone can help people. It’s not about what you have, but it is about what you do.  You don’t need any power to help; the most powerful thing is if it is from the heart.

Connection
I felt my connection to Zuko. He did everything to win his father’s eye again. I understand what he feels. He just wants his father to be proud of him again.  For me Zuko was not a bad person. For me, he was a child longing for the love and trust of his father. I know he really didn’t want to hurt people, but he has no other choice. That’s why I felt my connection to Zuko.
Question
As I was reading the book, my head was full of question. Why do Aang can be reincarnated? What if Katara and soka didn’t found Aang? What if the fire nation was not bad? What if Aang was not really the air bender? What if Katara fall in love with Aang? What if Zuka also fall in love to Katara? This questions flooded my head after reading the story.
Predict
I think the end will be wonderful. The air, fire,water, earth benders will live happily. They will help each other. He and his friends will live together happily. And every nation will prosper and everything was following Aang’s decisions. And Aang will be the one that governs every nation. Because   Aang  was the last airbender.

Part 2

 Describe your favorite part. Make a summary of what will happen next.

My favorite part of the story is when Katara and Soka found Aang. Aang was trapped inside an iceberg. That was the time when Aang and his friends met. Soka told Katara not to touch it because maybe it’s dangerous, but Katara touch it and the iceberg broke. And that’s how Aang was free after a long long year.

No comments:

Post a Comment